When patients are struggling with one or more natural teeth that are fractured or stricken with decay, a dental crown can provide the renewed structure and function needed to smile confidently again. At Dental Health Centers, our seasoned doctors and specialists offer high-quality porcelain restorations as an optimal blend of aesthetic quality and satisfying durability. Contact any of our three office locations if you have questions about this treatment option for our team, or if you would like to schedule a consultation.
Porcelain crowns are extremely versatile and can be used to treat a wide variety of dental concerns, including:
- When a tooth is suffering from decay that is too significant to effectively treat with a filling/inlay/
- When a tooth has been injured and is in need of rebuilding.
- When a tooth has become considerably weakened and is in need of support to prevent further fracturing.
- When a tooth has noticeable aesthetic flaws and requires correction.
- When a single dental implant is in need of restoration.
- When a tooth treated with root canal therapy is in need of restoration.
- When one or more teeth in a row have been lost and the gap needs to be filled (crowns can be fused together in a custom dental bridge to correct this problem when healthy adjacent teeth remain.)
Porcelain crowns also offer patients several benefits when compared to more traditional dental materials, such as:
- The cosmetic value is superior with porcelain crowns – in fact, they even reflect light in the same way as your natural enamel. Also, there is no risk of noticeably dark areas forming near the gum line over time, which is a common concern with porcelain-fused-to-metal (PFM) options.
- Porcelain crowns are more biocompatible than traditional dental metals, allowing patients with related allergies or sensitivities to enjoy them comfortably.
- Our team can design, craft, and place customized porcelain crowns in just one day with our state-of-the-art CEREC technology.