Smile Design in Miami Lakes or Pembroke Pines
There are many people who feel that if they could design their smile they would. The truth is that with the help of your dentist and dental veneers it is not only possible to have the perfect smile design in Miami, but can actually become a reality. If you have discolored, twisted or chipped teeth dental veneers can give you the beautiful teeth and glowing smile you are longing for.
What Are Dental Veneers
Dental Veneers are wafer-thin custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials designed to cover the front surfaces of your teeth. Veneers are bonded to the tooth and can change the shape, color, size or length of your teeth.
Veneers are made from porcelain or resin composite materials and not covered by insurance so having veneers can be expensive if you are having several of your teeth veneered.
The Difference Between Resin and Porcelain Veneers
There are some differences between resin and porcelain veneers that you should be aware of when choosing which type of veneer is most suitable for you.
- Resin veneers cost less than porcelain veneers (Porcelain veneers actually cost twice as much.)
- Resin Veneers can be fabricated while you wait
- Putting resin veneers on your teeth requires a less invasive procedure than porcelain veneers.
- Resin veneers can be removed and replaced when needed
- Your actual teeth need less work and reshaping to put on resin veneers.
- Resin veneers normally last 5 to 7 years.
- Porcelain veneers require reshaping of your natural teeth
- Porcelain veneers are stronger than resin veneers
- Porcelain veneers last 10 to 15 years
- Porcelain veneers look more natural than resin veneers
- Porcelain veneers resist stains better than resin veneers.
Reasons for Getting Veneers
There are several reasons why people get veneers including:
- Discolored teeth
- Teeth that are worn down
- To hide chip or broken teeth
- To make uneven teeth appear more even
- Teeth that have a gap between them
Dental veneers are not for everyone. Your teeth and gums need to be healthy in order to get veneers placed onto your teeth, in addition, they are not a good choice for people who tend clench their teeth.
Dental Care After Getting Your Veneers
Once you get your veneers you do need to take a bit of extra care. You should not bite your nails or chew ice as your veneers can chip. You will need to take extra care to ensure that you brush and floss your teeth properly every day because cavities still can form around and under the veneers.
Getting Veneers can give you the beautiful smile that you have been wanting if you think porcelain veneers are right for you, contact us now!
At The Dental Health Centers, Smile Design in Miami Professionals, we’ll give you exceptional personalized service to achieve your dream smile. After we’re done you’ll be proud to show the world! Contact us today to book an appointment!